Solar panels at Newburyport printing works catch fire causing up to $4million in damage

An array of solar panels on the roof of a Newburyport print shop caught fire on Saturday morning and sparked a three-alarm fire that the local fire chief said caused between $2 million and $4 million in damage.

“Crews attacked the fire aggressively and successfully extinguished the flames, limiting fire damage to the roof and solar panels,” wrote the Newburyport Fire Department, which was joined by nine others. Massachusetts and New Hampshire departments in their firefighting efforts. in a report.

Firefighters responded shortly after 10:30 a.m. to a report of a fire on the roof of Bradford and Bigelow, a book printing operation that describes itself as one of the “best 8.5×11 book printers in America.” North,” where firefighters discovered “heavy smoke and flames” coming from a 150-foot by 60-foot solar array, according to a department statement.

The fire was extinguished at 11:10 a.m.

While “several dozen” employees were on site at the time of the fire, according to firefighters, they were safely evacuated with no injuries reported.

“I want to commend the professional and aggressive work done by our firefighters and mutual aid partners who prevented significant damage to the building,” Newburyport Fire Chief Christopher LeClaire said in a statement. “Thanks to their quick work, we were able to contain the fire and quickly extinguish the flames.”

Bradford and Bigelow chairman John Galligan and other representatives could not be immediately reached by phone for comment early Saturday afternoon.

Previous Global Industry Perspective, Comprehensive Analysis, Growth Opportunities & Forecast to 2027 - Sox Sphere
Next 2 Ways to Install Joplin Note Taking App on Ubuntu 22.04