This tutorial is about resolving “This app has been blocked for your protection” issue on Windows. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to fix “This app has been blocked for your protection” issue on Windows. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix “This app has been blocked for your protection” issue on Windows
Do you know what is the Windows 10 PC error problem of this application that has been blocked for your protection? And why are you getting or having this kind of error code problem? If you are also frustrated with such kind of issues then you should check and read this below. This application has been blocked for your Windows Element protection once now quickly, user protection in Windows 10 operating system seems to be a bit aggressive, which can be helpful but annoys too much.
This application has been blocked for your protection A Windows error may occur when trying to install your HP printer drivers on your Windows PC. Windows users may encounter this error while running programs with an error message. When you run the installer or installation file of a program or software, Windows displays this error message. In some cases, you can simply work around the error problem by running the setup.exe file.
In the Windows error This app has been blocked for your protection, an administrator has blocked the user from running apps. This error can occur whenever you try to run the client or when you try to install a driver or application from an unknown source. It is also the most common error message that your Windows 10 displays when you try to download programs or open certain apps. To resolve this issue, follow the methods below.
How to fix “This app has been blocked for your protection” issue on Windows
Change account type to administrator
- Log in to your administrator account, go to Start menu -> Settings-> Accounts
- Select Family & other people.
- Select the account you want to designate as an administrator and click Change Account
- From the drop-down menu, choose Administrator and click OK.
Activate a stronger administrative account
- Start the command prompt with administrator permissions.
- On the command line, type “active user/network administrator: yes”.
- Press enter, then log out of your current account and log back into that administrator account.
- You should now be able to install the program of your choice. In general, it is recommended that you do not use this account as a daily driver, as it may expose you to security risks.
- To disable it again, go back to the command prompt and type “active user/network admin: no”.
Disable Windows Defender Smart Display
- Open Windows Settings.
- Choose Update & security settings.
- In the left pane, select Windows Security.
- Go to Application & browser control.
- Click Reputation-based protection settings.
- Look for the option to block potentially unwanted applications and disable it.
Disable UAC using the registry
- Press Windows icon + R to open the Run command window.
- Type regedit and press the Enter key.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem
- Then find and double click on the key – EnableLUA and change its value data to 0.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
Final words: How to fix “This app has been blocked for your protection” issue on Windows
Hope you understand this article How to fix “This app has been blocked for your protection” issue on Windows, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.