- If you need to master every step of the workflow, you need the best 3D printing tools that are compatible with your PC.
- We offer you a reliable tool that supports 3D printing CAD files.
- You can choose a great free program to create statues and figurines.
- Another great software is suitable for beginners who want to design 3D printing models.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Finding the best 3D printing software for every step of your workflow, whether you’re a beginner or a more advanced enthusiast, isn’t always the easiest thing to do.
That’s why we’ve rounded up the best 3D printing tools that are compatible with your PC to make your choice less difficult.
One of the best things about all of these programs is that they are all free for students, educators, and open source projects as well. Check out their feature sets and decide which one is right for you.
Fusion 360 is the best choice for intermediate users who want to design 3D models for 3D printing. This is professional 3D CAD software that was created by the 3D software pioneers at Autodesk. This tool is different from other professional and robust 3D body modeling tools.
Check out the best features provided:
- The software is incredibly reliable in terms of usability.
- It covers the entire process of planning, testing and executing the 3D design.
- It comes with compelling parametric tools that are ideal for most challenges involving industrial design.
- The program is able to simulate the construction of the designed components but also the constraints they will have to face after their manufacture.
- This program supports cloud-based file sharing version control and import / export of common CAD file types.
Fusion 360 comes with exceptional 3D printing support. CAD files can be imported directly into Autodesk Printing Studio. The software is a free CAD program for students and teachers.
Check out Fusion 360 on its official website to learn more about its features.
– Get it now from the official website
Sculptris is a virtual sculpting tool that mainly focuses on the concept of plasticine. It is fantastic 3D printing software, especially if your main goal is to create statues and figurines.
Take a look at the essential features that are packed in this software below:
- This 3D printing program is ideal when making a bust of your favorite character from comics or video games.
- This tool is also free and you can use it effectively on your PC.
- Sculptris is placed by enthusiasts at the gates of the most advanced and sophisticated tools.
- The software offers users a fun and engaging way to start their digital sculpting journey.
- This program is useful if you are new to the world of digital sculpting as it is easy to learn how to use it.
- Sculptris uses award winning software called Zbrush, released over ten years ago.
- The software has become famous for bringing revolutionary innovations to the digital art world.
You can easily create basic models which can then be refined in other applications. By using this software, you can take 3D art and printing to the next level.
Take a look at the full feature set on the official Sculptris website.
3D slash is a 3D printing program that is easy to use, and it’s also quite unique. With the help of 3D Slash, you will be able to design 3D models using a simple building block concept.
Take a look at the coolest features included in this tool:
- The software is especially aimed at beginners who want to design 3D printing models.
- You can either start with a massive block and cut small cubes out of it using various tools, or you can start by clearing your workspace and building your model by adding cubes and multiple shapes.
- The tools include a hammer and a drill, and they act like virtual stonemasons.
- You will also be able to add colors and use images as models.
- Another cool feature that you will find included in this tool is a 3D logo and text maker.
- The logo maker is able to import images and create a 3D model.
- The Text Creator will allow you to type and format specific text and then turn it into 3D text.
Expert advice: Some PC issues are difficult to fix, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having trouble correcting an error, your system may be partially faulty. We recommend that you install Restoro, a tool that will analyze your machine and identify the fault.
Click here to download and start the repair.
3D Slash comes with a unique interface which is as fun as a building game. The advanced features included in this software will help you to work with precision.
Check out 3D Slash on its official website and start printing immediately.
Blender is a popular computer-aided design program with a steep learning curve. It’s probably not the best choice if you’re a beginner, but it’s great for business users who want to design 3D models for 3D printing.
It will prove to be the perfect choice when your skills are fully developed and you need more sophisticated 3D 3D modeling software.
Discover the best of its features:
- It is one of the most powerful 3D printing software tools you can use.
- It has a useful community and a massive amount of tutorials.
- The program is open source, which means people write extensions for it in order to improve its capabilities and functionality.
- With Blender, you’ll be able to create breathtaking renderings using Cycles, the premium production path tracer.
- Blender is currently used for award-winning shorts and feature films.
- This tool comes with a video editor which offers a huge range of basic but effective tools.
Blender has an extensive Python API and every tool is available for sculpting and customization. Thanks to its custom architecture, Blender’s user interface, shortcuts and the layout of its windows are fully customizable.
Check out Blender’s vast feature set on the official site and download it to start tagging works of art.
OctoPrint is another software for professional users who want to control their 3D printer wirelessly. This is a 3D printer host software that will allow you to start, pause and also interrupt 3D printing jobs.
If you combine this software with a Wi-Fi enabled device, it will prove to be perfect for monitoring the 3D printing process remotely through an internet connection.
Check out more awesome features included in OctoPrint:
- OctoPrint accepts G code from any printer cutting software.
- It integrates the gCodeVisualizer which will allow you to view G-code files before and also during 3D printing.
- If you want to ban the 3D printer from your desktop and control it wirelessly, this will turn out to be one of the best 3D printing solutions you will find right now.
OctoPrint’s powerful plugin system allows you to extend its functionality with amazing plugins from the community.
You can discover more features of OctoPrint and download the software from its official website.
These are five of the best 3D printing tools you’ll be able to check out out there, and they’re completely free. You can download them from their official websites and they are all compatible with PCs.
We recommend that you go to their websites and check their full feature set in detail before deciding which 3D printing program is best for your own needs.
Beginners and more advanced 3D model and printing enthusiasts will find among these tools something that suits their experience and needs.
Start a conversation